iLCP Associate Fellow Application
Fellowship in iLCP is reserved for professional Still and Motion Conservation Photographers, individuals who derive a significant source of income from their photography or visual media related activities and who devote their most of their professional photographic efforts to the promotion of positive conservation gains around the globe. iLCP Fellows demonstrate refined talent, expertise, and an understanding of editorial/communications/educational considerations and priorities through their work, and exhibit a high standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Associate Fellow candidates must be recognized (or be recognizable) by their peers as accomplished in terms of the quality and relevance of their photography, their ability to deliver compelling visual stories on-demand, and in their engagement with conservation campaigns.
- They must be professionally engaged on a regular and ongoing basis with conservation organizations and media outlets in creating awareness of conservation priorities for policy-makers and the public at large.
- Please review our Tier Expectations for complete list of what we anticipate from our Emerging League Photographers, Associate and Senior Fellows.
To become an iLCP Associate Fellow one must participate in a rigorous, highly selective two-round application process. A committee of Senior Fellows judges the Round One. Meanwhile, our Fellows Selection Committee, comprised of iLCP Affiliates, judges the second and final round. Key elements of the application, some of which may not be required until Round Two, include:
- For all Applicants – Portfolio of 20-30 “Best of” still images in Round One and up to 50-60 images in Round Two
- For Still Photography Applicants – 3 Conservation Photography photo essays of 12 images each, each accompanied by a brief descriptive narrative and option to submit at least one conservation topic video. 1 is due in Round One, 3 are due in Round Two.
- For Motion Photography Applicants – 3 Conservation themed short videos. 1 is due in Round One, 3 are due in Round Two.
- Letter of Recommendation from at least one Senior Fellow, more are preferable will be due in Round Two. If you do not know any iLCP Senior Fellows, please read Meeting Fellows and Affiliates of iLCP for recommendations on how you might start networking in this community and postpone your application until at least next year to give yourself time to network. Under no circumstances should you plan or expect to contact Fellows who are not already familiar with your work and ask for their recommendation. We verify with all Senior Fellows named as intended referrals in Round One and applications from individuals who have contacted Fellows out of the blue are generally immediately disqualified.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from Conservation Organizations with whom you have worked will be due in Round Two.
- Extensive essays on career and conservation outcomes resulting from your photography, some in Round One, more in Round Two.
- Promise to adhere to the iLCP’s Ethical Standards & Principles.
Under no circumstances will we extend deadlines for Round One or Round Two applicants. Hence, please make sure you will be able to meet the Round Two deadlines, if you are invited, before completing the Round One application.
There is a $125 required application fee for each of the two rounds, for a total fee of $250, the equivalent of the annual dues expected of Associate Fellows once they are admitted. A 50% discount is available to applicants from countries listed as the 60 poorest by the IMF.