SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
We are seeking to hire a full-time, Social Media and Communications Coordinator.
SM&C COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for iLCP’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, ensuring regular daily/weekly postings that promote the work of the organization and of our Fellows with high quality content (copy and photos).
- Respond to general inquiry messages from the public in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Maintain iLCP’s press relationships and regularly edit and publish articles, from the organization as well as from iLCP Fellows, on blogs and in outlets run by or associated with the organization.
- Share in the production of the iLCP newsletters – public and for Fellows.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with iLCP’s partner organizations and Affiliates.
- Develop campaign specific schedules and maintain deadlines, including for our 1Frame4Nature initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 2 – 3 years relevant working experience.
- Ability to efficiently sift through and process large amounts of information daily.
- High degree of competency in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and related apps. Creative approach to postings.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to write, edit, and create content for print and web publications.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and independently,
- Friendly and efficient customer service oriented personality
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Clear and evident understanding of iLCP’s work, programs, and missions. Please review our website and social media platforms in depth before applying!
- Ability to edit photo essays for articles and for website galleries.
- Familiarity with the world of photography (especially conservation photography), with the conservation community, and with the work of the iLCP Fellows.
- Video production and/or graphic design experience.
- Location: Combination of variable in-office and remote schedule with occasional evening and weekend commitments for photography/networking related events.
- Compensation: High 20s to low 30s.
- Health benefits available after 3 months successful employment.
- Submit current resume and cover letter addressing the required skills and your desired hourly pay by February 24, 2017. Please include names and contact information for at least two relevant references.
- Writing sample and links to websites, blogs, or other managed social media postings that you are responsible for. Examples of photoshop and/or graphic design efforts most welcome.
- Please direct your submission IN ONE COMBINED PDF DOCUMENT with live links to HR@ilcp.com.