Fall/Winter 2020 Development and Communications Internship (Unpaid)
The International League of Conservation Photographers (iLCP) is a U.S. based non-profit organization whose mission is to support environmental and cultural conservation through ethical photography and filmmaking. Founded in 2005, our programs are built on the participation and contributions of our Fellows, an elite group of the world’s top wildlife, nature and culture photographers who, in addition to displaying remarkable photographic skills, have each demonstrated a deep commitment to conservation efforts around the globe. Our Fellowship is a dynamic, collaborative, and supportive community that aims to influence all photographers and users of imagery to adopt the best and most sustainable practices with regards to the creation and use of visual media.
iLCP is seeking candidates who have strong communications and writing skills, a willingness to think independently, and a passion for conservation and storytelling. The Development and Communications intern will become an integral part of our small team and learn the ins and outs of working at a nonprofit organization. You will have the opportunity to work with the world’s best photographers and see how to use imagery to move the needle for conservation.
The internship is approximately 18-20 hours per week, and will be remote. The dates for this internship are flexible.
Applicants must provide a cover letter that describes their interest in the position and a resume.
This internship will support dual efforts in development and communications
- Assisting with research for grants and other funding opportunities
- Helping to draft grant applications and corporate sponsorship pitches
- Aid in the development and implementation of digital fundraising campaigns
- Researching opportunities that relates to iLCP’s interests (i.e., photography, conservation/science/cultural communication, biodiversity, film and photography festivals, exhibitions, speaking events etc . . .)
- Pitch and write blog posts for iLCP’s members and the general audience
- Aid in the continued development of iLCP’s Professional Development Webinars
- Compile and build iLCP’s monthly newsletters
- Support the honing and continuation of iLCP’s storytelling voice across various social media platforms
- Aid in the promotion of iLCP events such as international photography and film festivals and upcoming expeditions
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Current or recent college student, with educational background in marketing, communications, photojournalism, or environmental science a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with the effective marketing and utilization of social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Proven effectiveness with managing timely delivery of work against short deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Suite a plus
- Laptop and wi-fi access.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com